Season greetings, a third and last time,
Qtractor 0.9.19 (winter'20) is released!
- Session directory auto-name option added to the session properties
dialog, as convenience.
- Loading and saving a LV2 plugin's state has been vastly improved.
IMPORTANT CAVEAT: From this moment onwards, when loading any newer saved
sessions into older versions of the program, all LV2 plugins won't get
their state restored correctly.
- Track colors saturation introduced as yet another eye-candy option
(cf. View/Options.../Display/Track color saturation)
- Fixed VST3 number of channels query/report.
- Fixed immediate crash when loading untitled or unnamed Instrument
Definitions files (*.ins): base file-name is now taken as default
instrument definition name or title.
- Tempo (BPM) entry may now be specified with arbitrary precision, to at
most 3 decimal positions in fractional part, while integer whole values
are displayed with no decimal point.
- Added option to keep MIDI clip editor windows (aka. piano-roll) always
on top of the main window (cf. View/Options.../General/Keep editor
windows always on top).
- MIDI clip editor status-bar labels are not stretched to whole text
size anymore, most specially for the current file complete path.
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- binary package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- AppImage  package:
Wiki (outdated; help wanted!):
- static rendering:
- user manual & how-to's:
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL )
version 2 or later.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 AppImage, Linux apps that run anywhere
Stay safe and healthy! && Keep the fun!
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela