A wild crosspost appears!
Laborejo, Esperanto for "Workshop", is used to craft music through notation.
It is a Lilypond GUI frontend, a MIDI creator and finally a tool collection to inspire and
help you compose.
It works by reducing music-redundancy and by seperating layout and data.
Before you read the details make sure to connect to Laborejos Facebook, Twitter or Google
This is the release of version 0.4
Linux Instructions: Unpack, cd into the created directoy, execute:
Then use the number- and cursor keys for immediate success!
Check Help->Manual for navigational and note/rest entry keys. Everything else is in the
New since version 0.3 (highlights):
* Lyrics are visible under the tracks directly and aligned to their notes
* Nicer cursor :)
* New dynamics like fp and sfz.
* New commandset for note speed entry with the numblock.
* Colored always-visible Marker in the GUI to indicate track groups. Also displays small
instrument name for better orientation
* Lilypond binary and pdf viewer are now a config variable
* More Subsitutions (assign a pre-defined group to host notes. Group gets transposed and
scaled accordingly). Final Fantasy arpeggio, common melody figures etc.
* Many bugfixes and small improvements that make the program work like you expected it to
Most important known problems:
* This is Alpha Grade Software. Don't use for long-term work. However, the produced
midis and PDFs will last forever.
* There is no built-in jack midi output yet. You have to export midi files.
* Documentation is nearly non-existent.
* Deleting selected objects may result in strange gui behaviour. Nothing a save/reload
can't fix for now.
Have fun, it would be nice to hear from you!