Qtractor 0.9.0 (early spring'18 beta) is now released!
The change-log for this spring-time release goes as follows:
- New View/Options.../Plugins/Experimental/Show plugins on track
list/left pane option is in effect on tracks that are tall enough in
height for their plugins list to fit on the Bus column.
- Fixed a day-zero bug over the MIDI Insert (Send/Return)
pseudo-plugin, which was duplicating MIDI events onto the next LV2
plugin in chain, causing strange hanging notes, mutes, retriggerings
and what not.
- MIDI track and clip note min/max range display now fixed.
- MIDI Program Change events (PC) now have their proper program number
as parameter, instead of value, on the internal MIDI event representatio
- Merging MIDI clips while on SMF Format 0 has been fixed: was merging
always onto the same MIDI channel (2), most often the wrong one,
resulting in an empty or blank clip.
- When importing from standard MIDI files (SMF), set track names from
Mtrk TRACKNAME meta-events instead of filename.
- Avoid asking to save as to existing or just newly created clip
file-names, whenever possible.
- Disable singleton/unique application instance setup logic when the
display server platform is not X11.
- Whether to use native file browser/requester dialogs is now an
effective option when launching under NSM session management (was once
- Content files are now saved as symlinks when saving to JACK and/or
NSM session directories/folders.
- Trying to get CC14 MSB+LSB (course+fine) running status on, no
matter whether each pairing event are under 200ms apart.
- Possible VST plug-in GUI reparenting hack/fix on Qt5/Xcb.
Qtractor  is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application
written in C++ with the Qt framework . Target platform is Linux,
where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK ) for audio and the
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA ) for MIDI are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio
workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- binary package (openSUSE Tubleweed):
- AppImage  packages:
Wiki (help wanted, always!):
- static rendering:
- user manual & how-to's:
Qtractor  is free, open-source Linux Audio  software,
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL
) version 2 or later.
 Qtractor - An audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
 Qt framework, C++ class library and tools for
cross-platform application and UI development
 JACK Audio Connection Kit
 ALSA, Advanced Linux Sound Architecture
 Linux Audio consortium of libre software for audio-related work
 GPL - GNU General Public License
 AppImage, Linux apps that run anywhere
Enjoy && Keep the fun. Always.
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela